Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm back!

I have returned from Africa! I have too many pictures I could post right now, so it was a hard decision to pick which one to put first. I finally decided on the one above which shows me and five of the Winkler children in front of the beautiful Lake Victoria. (the largest lake in the world)

I had a great trip! Worked hard, and had fun living in Uganda for over two months.
I did get homesick though:(
I miss my family terribly when I'm gone.

I came back with tons of ideas for sewing and quilting! I am already working on two elephants, and two matching quilts for a set of twins! I learned the hard way that you shouldn't rush back into your quilting business with jet lag : )
I still have a lot of pictures to post about projects that were finished before I left. Hopefullly I will get them on the blog soon. My "blog" folder of pictures is getting very full! 
This is a picture of Christi Winkler(age five).
I made the skirt she is wearing for her. I think it turned out nicely considering I had no pattern, and limited sewing supplies.
I was going to get a picture of the skirt laid out so you could see how I made it, but I was so busy, I never got around to it.

That has been all the sewing I've gotten to do in the past few months and I miss it.
I've been cleaning the sewing room since I've been home (only two weeks!) and I am slowly making progress.  I should be able to actually start sewing soon!

Until next time,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment