Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homemade coupon organizer!

One-Yard Wonders is another one of my favorite books (did I mention that already?) I have a list of projects that I want to make from it.
This past Christmas I asked for a coupon organizer to put my recipes in. I am just a beginner cook, so I didn't need something big, but somewhere I could keep everything together.
I received a blue plastic one that is perfect!

Right after Christmas I saw the pattern for a coupon organizer in this book and just had to make one!

It has ten pockets to keep your coupons in.
I love the accordion pleats to make the pockets!
The pattern is easy, but takes a little time. I made all the different parts one afternoon, and then put it all together the next day.

I know these aren't good pics but I wanted to show you the label holders. (I haven't labeled mine yet)
You can either label the pockets by month, or by category, cleaning products, frozen food, beverages etc...
I found a lot of online labels you can print for free. So it is customizable.

The organizer in the book was made from one color. I wanted to make one out of the green fabric, but I didn't have enough of it for the whole thing. I fixed the problem by adding some cream, and I like the look of the two colors!

I googled homemade coupon organizers in google image and found some really neat ones. My favorite ones were the Isewblog quilted coupon organizers. check them out if you want more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment