Tuesday, March 13, 2012

ELEPHANTS!

This past christmas I made elephants as gifts for my cousins.
The first elephant I made (cream, second from the left) won first place in the county fair last fall. So I decided to make three more (I decided this way too late) for my cousins ages three, 15 months , and 15 months.

At the last minute (I mean *LAST MINUTE*) I sewed another up for a little girl I babysit for.
It is enough to say that I finished the last one up only a couple hours before giving it away!
But I think they all turned out wonderfully.
NOTE- in the picture above I have not yet added the eyes!

Recently a friend ordered two more; one pink, one cream. I was able to make these at a much slower pace:)

These elephants came from the book Last-minute PATCHWORK + QUILTED GIFTS
Again my favorite words -last-minute!
This pattern is a little tricky. After making seven of them I still mess up.
I even had to throw one away, and I still don't know what I did wrong!
I used felt and buttons for the eyes, then blanket stitched the edge. I have also made all felt eyes which are safer for a baby.
I braided yarn for their little tails.
Each one has its own expression!
I also made them little blankets! 
Until Next time, happy sewing!
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment