Sunday, August 12, 2012

Baby boy quilt

Before I left the country this spring, I was working on a baby boy quilt for a missionary family expecting their fifth child (their forth boy!). After I heard about the opportunity to go to Africa, I only had two weeks before I left. With all that was going on, the quilt was put on hold. I knew I wasn't going to be able to finish the quilt I was working on for them before I left, but I still wanted to give them a quilt.
The Answer?
I dug through the quilts that I had made for myself and found one I could part with:)
I put together this quilt last year when I wanted to try using ribbon as a binding.
I used my own pattern design showcasing some baby boy flannel prints. I used two different embroidery threads and tied the quilt for an easy finish.
My ribbon binding.
The main reason I made this quilt was to try using ribbon as binding. I love the idea, but it was a little harder then I thought it would be. Anyone have any tips for doing this?
When I got home in June, I was able to see their precious baby snuggled in it when they stopped by our church before heading back to Mexico.
I was so glad to be able to give them a quilt to show my appreciation of what their doing in Mexico.

Right now I am working on another baby boy quilt that should be posted about next week. I deliver it on Wednesday. I will be glad to have that done. I am currently handsewing the binding, and working on the embroidered name tag for the back.

After thats done, I can finish two more baby quilts. One for a friend, and one for my dads coworker.
Both are very simple flannel quilts that are tied and finished with machine attached binding. I don't have a lot of time so both quilts are basic. Hopefully they will appreciate my effort!
Thanks for stopping by.
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment