Monday, August 22, 2011

Log cabin.

 A Log Cabin Quilt
My mother started collecting browns when she was married 27 years ago. Her dream was to one day make a log cabin quilt with them.
She even hung two amish made quilt hangers
for the quilts she wanted to make.
In preparation for a party, she asked me if I would make the quilts for her(in only a week) I jumped at the opportunity and made two quilts in the designs she wanted.
The first quilt I made is the above Log Cabin quilt. This is a good quilt enlarge, a bigger block size would make it a lot easier!




                                                















The second quilt I made is this Chinese Coins.
There are so many ways to arrange the blocks, I chose to rotate every other one.




Here is the close up of the chinese coins.
There are twelve different fabics in each row.
Each little "Coin" is only 1-1/2 x 3-1/2
All I did was add a border to the blocks, and put them together with every other block turned.







I sell a kit with 12 of these blocks, in either Browns, Blues, or Greens.
If you want one contact me and I will list a kit on ebay or etsy, whichever you prefer.



Here is the finished product.


Is mom happy? you bet!


Happy quilting!



Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment