Monday, February 27, 2012

EASY PASTEL BABY QUILT.

This is the quilt I was working on a couple weeks ago. It is the same pattern as my dinosaur quilt I did a post about.
I had so many ideas for this quilt, and many fabric choices. I asked all my sisters and went with the most popular!
I am happy with the outcome. 
I actually started with two quilts. I made the quilt at the top of the post, and then I made another in the bright colors below.
The lady who ordered it picked the pastel colored one.
I am going to quilt the second one on my long arm machine. I already have the pattern picked out!!!

Here is a closeup of the fabrics.
This is the border and backing fabric.
This is the fabric I started with, and based my colors on.
For quilting, I used the "stitch in the ditch" method. That is when you sew as close as you can to the seam.
I have a special foot for my machine that acts as a guide, but I decided not to use it.
When I first started I used it all the time, but now I am more comfortable without it. 
I liked the way the striped border turned out! 
I used a pretty yellow with butterflies for the binding.
I also made matching blocks to go with the quilt.
 These blocks are so much FUN!
I used inspiration from a lot of different places, and came up with my own pattern.
The blocks measure 3x3 inches. I decorated them with ribbon, Ric rack, and a few iron on appliques.

Lots of things to keep a baby interested!

I also put bells in the middle so they jingle!


If you would like a set, let me know. I can make almost any color scheme.
Here is a picture of the entire quilt.
And everything ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment